Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Hoffman Named to UH Board of Regents
FYI: (*Snipped - More at link)

http://westhawaiitoday.com/community-bul...-uh-regent

A former Hawaii County council member will complete a vacated term on the University of Hawaii Board of Regents.

Gov. Neil Abercrombie appointed Pete Hoffmann to fill the slot, which expires in June 2016.

Hoffmann, a retired U.S. Army colonel who lives in Waikoloa, said a solid foundation in education is critical for the state.

“I happen to think that the university is a vehicle for economic stability and economic prosperity in the state, a resource that needs to be used more,” he said. “The university is an absolutely critical component for this state to move ahead.”
I was happy to learn that Pete Hoffman was appointed. He did a great job when he was on the Council. He was always well prepared, analyzed issues thoroughly, voted with both intelligence and compassion, kept an island-wide perspective while representing his district well. The Board of Regents needs someone with his acumen and insights.
Ditto. Pete is a quality individual. I'm always happy to see him and if he is working on community it is a good thing.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Have to agree, a superb choice for the Board of Regents. An intelligent individual with sound opinions and also understands politics here. Can't think of anyone better for such a position.