Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champagne Pond - Best solutions?
quote:
who just happen to be turning 62 (which is the age when one can receive Social Security - which includes Medicare.)

Actually, Medicare is 65, regardless of Social Security. My partner is 63, so we are EXTREMELY aware of it!

actually, full retirement age is creeping towards 70. It's no longer 65. The later you were born, the more months you have to wait. My husband was born in '39 and had to wait until 65 and 4 months ... and '39 is pre Boomer.

There must be some balance that can be had.

There are other things that could be visited in the tour vans with less ecological harm.

I would love to see a company set up a tour van of "cocqui killers."

The van drops off tourists in different areas to go spray citrus around the island.

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/16/2007 20:15:55
Howdy! Well, looks like Madame Pele decided to deal with the greedy elitism of the folks inside the Kapoho Beach Lots gated community. Too bad. It is tragic that this beautiful area has been covered by lava. However, there were already problems here. Please pardon me, but I don't feel sorry for them. My deepest sympathies to all other victims of this latest eruption. Good luck to you all. Aloha!
quote:
Originally posted by HulaBear

Howdy! Well, looks like Madame Pele decided to deal with the greedy elitism of the folks inside the Kapoho Beach Lots gated community. Too bad. It is tragic that this beautiful area has been covered by lava. However, there were already problems here. Please pardon me, but I don't feel sorry for them. My deepest sympathies to all other victims of this latest eruption. Good luck to you all. Aloha!

What happened at the Kapoho Beach Lots gated community? were they a bunch of rich snobs who made life worse for everyone who wasn't also a rich snob? that's kind of what rich snobs do anywhere else in the world, so, I wouldn't be surprised.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I hope Madame Pele decides to punish you too.

I hope one day you understand what Aloha means.
I know two wonderful people who lost a property that had been in the family for decades. I feel sorry for them.
HulaBear, I know two families that lost their homes in Kapoho. Go hug Pele.
already problems here.

Yes.
Like a HulaTroll disguised as a Bear?

I alternate between thinking of the planet as home — dear and familiar stone hearth and garden — and as a hard land of exile in which we are all sojourners. Today I favor the latter view. The word “sojourner”... invokes a nomadic people’s sense of vagrancy, a praying people’s knowledge of estrangement, a thinking people’s intuition of sharp loss: “For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.” - Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves