Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130 omg
I usually take my trash to keaau dumpsite but I have never seen anything as bad as it is ever trying to pull out onto traffic there! Its scares the crap out of me! I waiting to turn left to head towards pahoa town and i swear I was twenty minutes waiting for an opportunity to go and with having many vehicles behind me getting very impatient. So I had to switch directions and go right back to Keaau all because the traffic just would not stop! Are there any plans to put a stop light there? YES it is needed because I fear for my life and many others have lost their life. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

fb
I'd just take a right and go around the school. Probably faster, definitely safer.
drive the car like it was made too....

anticipate..... and hit the gas...

dont wait and see then think then react... too late and you will hold up the 'good' drivers behind you

all easy peasy if you anticipate

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
There are a lot of places on Hwy 130 where I just turn right as you did, and then turn left on the next road, and come back around.
Some years ago UPS and FedEx drivers were instructed to only make right turns (whenever possible). Studies showed it was safer, and in the long run, faster.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I once was waiting to make a right out of the Hilo Shopping Center by First Haw'n bank. Got stuck behind some guy trying to make an impossible left (right by the NO LEFT TURN sign, then someone pulled behind me.
We go to the Keaau dump, and plan it so we maybe go on into Keaau to check our Post Office box. Or, stop at the dump when we are going to Hilo anyway. Yes, you are, at least on many days, in for agravation , if you are trying to leave the Keaau dump and turn left. If nothing else, turn right, turn in at the Keaau High, and turn around and go back.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP