Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious about withdrawal of Guard personel
I find it a bit odd that essentially nothing has changed, ie, the lava is still threatening the highway and the vog & smoke are still here, and the air seems worse than ever, yet the National Guard has been withdrawn - as far as I can tell from our area.
So has the funding run out, has the emergency declarations met it's due date or what? Perhaps the whole thing was just to familiarize the guard personnel with our area for future emergency's with recon of lower Puna .
And why are the roads, Kamaili & the red road , being completely abandoned by county road crews? A very dangerous situation has developed as far as road safety is concerned - aren't they concerned about safety for tourists, and residents?
Oh yeah , the guard was just there because of Iselle and worries (justified)about looting? They were not involved in any kind of clean up in my area, mostly seen just driving around and around.

1st Corinthians 1:21, “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.”

Merry Christmas.
Not sure what you are talking about. I saw about a dozen or more guard personnel today and at least four Humvees just going to the lava viewing area and the temporary transfer station.
They are at Malama Market !!

The punatic looters would most likely try to loot a store, even an empty one.

Obie that was great, thanks for the laugh. The heads-up is also appreciated, had that store spocked for a few days now. The extra loot or merchandise may now be clogging the aisles at the natch, so must switch the spocking routine. Good laugh with the new laws and all in place seems like Ka'u would be the easier pickings now days and that should go for the home invasion artists too.
Drive around & look for easy pick'ns same as the looters perhaps.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
I'd like to think we can behave ourselves without them for one day so they can spend tomorrrow with their families.
"I'd like to think we can behave ourselves without them for one day so they can spend tomorrrow with their families."

Best post for a long time. Thank you, Tom.
Yeah , pretty much right after I made the post a humvee drove through
Pahoa, however I have not seen them in my area (Opihikao) for several weeks , and I saw them frequently in that area in times past.
Still I wonder why the county has abandoned Kamaili , also know as Opihikao road to many people.
quote:
Originally posted by Opihikaobob

Yeah , pretty much right after I made the post a humvee drove through
Pahoa, however I have not seen them in my area (Opihikao) for several weeks , and I saw them frequently in that area in times past.
Still I wonder why the county has abandoned Kamaili , also know as Opihikao road to many people.

Maybe because that area doesn't have lava flowing in it so life is proceeding normally and the people don't need national guard protection. Just a guess.