Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Rover
I was sold a Benz 240D in 98', in Kona. I still drive it and get 43mpg. At over 304,000 miles.
Still feels like your'e riding down the road on your couch, in a german tank.

I say the older the better.
The truck is 75 yrs old.

the benz is a 79' it belonged to Rag's wife, Bumper.

Aloha!

John - sorry for your Land Rover strife!
But you have helped us make the decision to sell our Rovers instead of shipping them.

We LOVE our Discoveries and have put up with bad service - both from dealership and independent service departments - thought I would just run them into the ground in Puna - but we are looking to infuse alot of Aloha in our lives and car/truck frustration is not needed.

Before everyone thinks we are loaded because we own two Discoveries - rest assured that is not the case. Because of thier reputation - you can pick up a used Discovery for CHEAP - and despite thier problems get a lot of car for the money.
Damn - radio is out again - disconnect battery to reset - even the experts haven't found this gremblin! Sigh - what do I expect - it's a Rover.

Mahalo!

Joey "O"
"Damn - radio is out again - disconnect battery to reset"

That's funny! I assume as a British car it is completely wired by Lucas Electrics. I know it's an old rag in England that Lord Lucas is hailed as The Prince of Darkness.

I brought an Austin FX4 back from England and had nothing but electical problems.

I was once told - do not own a British vehicle unless you have a British mechanic available.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
. . . I assume as a British car it is completely wired by Lucas Electrics. I know it's an old rag in England that Lord Lucas is hailed as The Prince of Darkness.

It's not just British cars, Rob. The Prince of Darkness cursed Triumph, BSA, and Norton motorcycles too.

Other Lucas wisecracks I've heard:

- If Lucas made guns, wars wouldn't start either.

- Lucas, inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

- The 3-position Lucas switch: DIM, FLICKER, and OFF.

- "I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years, and I've never had any prob . . . "

aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Ok.. folks it took a little bit of looking. But I think I found a link to Utube that will help make my point about Toyota vehicles. I have done some pretty wild things to them but to y'all that would just be another guy from TX talking smack.

So please view this entire video, believe me it starts slow but gets really good. This video is a good example of why I'll be bringing two Toyotas (one truck and one land cruiser)to Puna. Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMrqsnK0eh8&eurl=

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"

Edited by - Dave M on 11/12/2007 14:37:47
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Ok for those of you, real men, that watched the whole video I know we left that Little red Toyota in pretty bad shape. I guess you guys thought the fire finaly killed it off. Well..so did I... but there was a part two, Oh yeah.. ""It's Alive""

Check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

Ok.. so I'm a lil outta control here. I'm sure Rob will shut me down pretty soon, seeing as I've totally highjacked a Land Rover thread. Maybe this will take your minds of those pesky Helicopters.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Dave, can you arrange for Land Rover to go through the same test?! SmileSmileSmile

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html