Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orchidland
Did you hear OLCA Board approved a contract with an unlicensed contractor to resurface their roads and paid him $125,000. in advance on a $250,000 open ended contract with out doing any research on his past performance. It was later found that 2 out of the 3 subdivisions interviewed regarding his work would NOT hire him again and the 3rd is still trying to get him to make good on work he agreed to.
According to the Contractors License Board this is illegal and both Orchidland and the unlicensed contractor can be held liable.

PLEASE GO THE THE NEXT OLCA MEETING IN JULY. Ck their website for date and time. Aloha
After the last "special paving fee" or whatever it was called generated not a single square inch of paving, I'm almost to the point where I'm going to be one of those people who never pay their road fees. Let my descendants worry about liens, etc. Paying for road maintenance in real-time is a joke. How do they expect us to approve ANOTHER paving fee surcharge when the last one went nowhere. Where's the pavement from the last special assessment? I got my new ballot in the mail and sent it in, voting NO to all fee increases. Insert sayings about throwing good money after bad, and fool-me-once-shame-on-you and fool-me-twice-shame-on-me.
Where's the pavement from the last special assessment?

Where's the park from the last $20M construction bond?

(Yes, totally unrelated ... except for the part where nobody gets what they paid for.)
wow , unbelievable . can you tell us the name of the contractor ?
Kyle Pua is the contractor who received the check from the Orchidland Board.

I have yet to receive a bill for this year's road maintenance fee. Neither did my friend two lots away. Does anyone know if they actually went out?
Last year the bill arrived in mid July.
keaau , thank you for the info