Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Non-Food Places in the Puna District
I would like to hear from people who have favorite non-food places that they patronize (book stores, auto repair shops, doctors' offices, office supply stores, parks, boutiques, toy stores, etc.).

Would name a non-food place in the Puna District but I don't know of any at this time.

Laura Kimmick
Henderson, Nevada

http://www.cafepress.com/lck

Aloha Laura, There are some little shops across the old highway from Keaau shopping center called Keaau Marketplace that sell a variety of things. In Pahoa there is Punastyle, a clothing and import shop, Jungle Love that carries sarongs, handmade soaps, little toys etc. Pauls auto repair in Pahoa has a good rep. has been here decades. For medical, we have Bay Clinic with offices in Pahoa and Keaau, these are drop-in sliding scale clinics. Pahoa park has an olympic size pool.Ahalanui park (hot pond) on the Kalapana coast is very popular also. The weekend farmers markets at Pahoa and Makuu sell local produce and handmade things, always BIG crowds. No office supply, so far but 6 more new stores are almost done at Malama Marketplace, not sure what all will be there.

Edited by - leilaniguy on 01/06/2006 14:44:37
Dear Leilaniguy,

Thanks for letting me know what's in the Puna District besides food establishments.

Looking forward to visiting the places you've mentioned.

My family and I are looking forward to living on the East Side this year or at the very latest next year.

Laura Kimmick