FYI:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5481030/

Hawaii Police Department
Area I Operations
Major Randy Apele
Phone: 961-2341
Report No. C15024975

Media Release

Hawaii Island police have initiated a murder investigation in connection with the discovery of a woman’s body on her Puna property.

On Tuesday evening (August 25), Puna District officers responded to reports of a disturbance on Kapoho Kai Drive. Investigation led to the discovery of a woman’s body, outside her home, with suspicious injuries.

The victim has been identified as 63-year-old Nadean Rutledge of Pâhoa.

Detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigations Section are actively investigating the case. They have ordered an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

Police ask anyone with any information about this case to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311 or Detective Grant Todd at 961-2255.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the islandwide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.

Horrible. [V]

ETA: Delete #699's
So sad.
I'm not 100% sure this Instagram account belongs to Nadean Rutledge, but it's an unusual name so there's a good chance it does.
Maybe someone will recognize her in the selfies.
Just a happy, healthy, Tutu sharing her life with keiki, friends, cats, surviving Iselle, living through the lava flow, just like the rest of us.
So sad.
http://www.pikore.com/hawaiinadean
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This news is tragic. I knew Nadean from when I lived in Kapoho. I would see her caring for the tide pools and educating visitors - she loved it there. Police caught the prick this morning on Hwy 130 - saw it go down on my way to work. Rest in peace Nadean!
Sean Rutledge M-40 has been located and arrested, wonder if connected to this case.
FYI; Update (*Hawaii Tribune Herald - Snipped / More at link)

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2095642.html

The subject of a police manhunt Tuesday night and Wednesday morning may be the suspect in his mother’s homicide early Tuesday evening in Kapoho.

Police Capt. Robert Wagner of the Hilo Criminal Investigation Division confirmed Wednesday afternoon that 40-year-old Sean Rutledge is the son of 63-year-old Nadean Rutledge, who was found murdered outside her Kapoho Kai Drive home early Tuesday evening. He also confirmed police “have leads on a possible suspect but we have no individual in custody yet for murder.”

Asked if Sean Rutledge was the suspect in the homicide investigation, Wagner replied, “We’re not releasing information relative to the possible suspect in this case.”

Wagner said Puna patrol officers responding to the report of a disturbance did a check of the property and found the woman’s body, bearing suspicious injuries, outside the home.

Wagner declined to release details on how the woman was killed.

Nadean Rutledge was a retired information officer for the Wai‘opae tide pools in Kapoho.

Police disseminated an email bulletin at about 2 a.m. Wednesday naming Sean Rutledge as a “wanted suspect” describing him as “armed and dangerous.” The dispatch said Rutledge was “possibly operating (a) 1998 gold Toyota Camry (license) #ZCD-958.” The dispatch said Rutledge was wanted on a California extradition warrant.

Another email bulletin at 8:14 a.m. stated Rutledge had been arrested on the warrant.

Hilo police detectives are actively investigating the case as a homicide and have ordered an autopsy to determine how the woman died.

So sad. May she rest in peace. [V]
These are ugly times my friends.
It is a horrible and tragic set of circumstances. My heart goes out to the rest of her sons and daughter who need all the love and prayers you can manage.

For anyone willing to contribute, anything is appreciated.
http://www.gofundme.com/ta2u5csc

Living on the side of creation.
Living on the side of creation.
Sharper than a serpent's tooth Sad

Pam in CA
Pam in CA