Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Email Broken?
The last two times I tried to send email to members within the forum, I receive a server error after clicking submit. Have others here on Punaweb also seen this behavior?

Rob: You mind looking into this and let us know if you see any issues on your side?

Mahalo!

Edited: fixed typo
it has done this for years. but when you get the email that says there was an error, you will have their email address. convoluted, but it works .
lquade: I didn't make it that far. I did a lookup on a user within the "Members" link. Then I tried to email that member.

-- Web Page Result --

We've happened upon a bit of a problem.....

Image: Shark fins swimming around a haole with a sign, "BEWARE Sharks"

500 (Internal Server) Error
...that we're working furiously to correct. Things will be up and running again soon. Thanks for your patience.

--

No email sent or received. Perhaps this is different behavior than that of years before you've seen?
"No email sent or received. Perhaps this is different behavior than that of years before you've seen?"

I've seen this as well, it's relatively new. It occurs when you actually try to send the email. I'm fairly certain Rob has brought this up in the last few months and it's due to out-of-date forum software, but it would require a lot of effort and money to fix and many like things the way they are. Rob can correct me on the latter if I have that incorrect. Not sure what the best solution is.
Thanks for the corroboration Tom. [8D]
The last email I was trying to send was to pog. Did you get an email from me pog?