Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bengal Tiger Cubs Bound For Hilo
"Yeah, I read some magazine article years ago about the zoo with an employee talking about how many more visitors they got since Namaste and how the shave ice guy made $600 in just a few hours. "

It did happen, but it was on one day, an Earth Day Celebration:

Hawai'i Magazine:
Ten years ago, we didn’t have many visitors,” says Panaewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens director Pam Mizuno, “but this past April, we had more than 4,000 people in one day.”

The crowd that gathered even caught zoo vendors by surprise.

“All the food vendors sold out, and the shave ice guy made $600 in three hours,” she says. “We didn’t expect that big of a crowd for our Earth Day celebration.”

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawa...Big_Island

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Ok, so it was an Earth Day celebration and not a white tiger celebration. Challenge completed.
The tigers are here & this morning we saw them. The are in the tall enclosure that has been attached to the night enclosure (on the main enclosure side, not the side where the feedings were)
When they are out, they are visible from most areas of the large enclosure, but there are 2 or more fence lines, so photography s limited, even up close to the night enclosure.

They are much older cubs than the images I posted earlier, and look more like little tigers than tiger cubs.