Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAHOA transfer station hazmat day SUNDAY March 06
Accepted: All types of batteries, used motor oil and automotive fluids, fluorescent lights, CFL bulbs, compressed gas cylinders, corrosives, pesticides, mercury thermometers, expired or unused prescription medications (non-narcotics), oil based paints, stains, solvents, thinners, garden supplies (plant & weed killers), poisons and miscellaneous household chemicals. No business or commercial waste!

Not Accepted: Business or commercial waste, farm waste, latex paint & base, explosives, flares, fireworks, biological or infectious waste, sharps (needles), controlled substances (narcotics), radioactive & shock sensitive materials, fire extinguishers and non-hazardous waste.

If you have car batteries, O'Reilys in Hilo takes them every day and they will PAY you $5 each. Likewise if you purchased a car battery at Costco in Kona and you didn't exchange at time of purchase they will give you $15 for your battery.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a great day to get rid of things like used motor oil- I will be "donating' 6 quarts or so.
Sounds good. You can also take used motor oil to the Toyota dealership across from Bank of Hawaii anytime.
It's 8:30am to 3:30 pm
website for this event: http://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/events/ho.../?mc_id=62

And here's the website to find out more about household hazardous waste recycling all over the county
http://www.hawaiizerowaste.org/recycle/h...ous-waste/
I learned that Mr. K's takes electronics for free on Saturdays!

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Thanks! Is the Reuse section of the Pahoa transfer station open again? Did it move to under the tent?
Yes. It reopened shortly after the transfer station did. It originally reopened in the hazmat section but they moved it under the tent a few weeks ago. We dropped off two boxes today.
I wonder when Mr. K's started charging on weekdays? I last took a bunch of E-Waste there on a couple weekdays in late November and there wasn't any charge.
Dunno but when I dropped off a flatscreen at K's about two Saturdays ago the place was a zoo.