Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWC availablity Check--accurate?
I have been trying to find internet access in order to move. I have been checking TWC availablity. I just wonder if the database is actually accurate. I have been surprised that a couple of placed which were why off the road allowed me to schedudle installation. It does appear to vary from road to road.
Best way to check TWC availablility is to look at the poles in front of the lot.

TWC amps and taps are dull gray, usually with fins (if there are other subscribers, the taps are fairly obvious).

Telcom splices are usually black, or sometimes plain aluminum, and almost always have orange numbers on them -- however, you can't tell DSL availabilty just by looking.

I would call and ask, or at least use the Live Chat they have (it's very good). The website can be wrong.
The website can be wrong.

Works both ways.

I have heard of at least one case where TWC didn't know about their own cable -- customer service simply refused to create the order because it "wasn't available".

Eventually they dispatched a tech for "site survey" and discovered that they did, in fact, serve the location...
Best to tell us what subdivision and street, and maybe we could say more about your situation, but, even calling them is a hit and miss, unless you get the right person from oahu on the line.
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

Best to tell us what subdivision and street, and maybe we could say more about your situation, but, even calling them is a hit and miss, unless you get the right person from oahu on the line.

18th Ave (Maia) Keaau HPP
Don't expect High speed internet in HPP during peak hours
18th Ave (Maia) Keaau HPP...
---
Is 3.4 miles long... No one can really answer your question without a more accurate location.
Oceanic offers service down to 17th St in HPP. However, as Leilani dude indicated it's a long road. Yes, there is service on 18th but that doesn't mean that your specific home is serviceable.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

18th Ave (Maia) Keaau HPP...
---
Is 3.4 miles long... No one can really answer your question without a more accurate location.

It is at the end closest to the HPP community center on Makuu Dr.