Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundabout Blues
Just came back from using the roundabout for the first time. We entered it from Kahakai and exited toward Pahoa heading to Malama. One thing I immediately noticed that could be confusing to drivers unaccustomed to roundabouts was the sign showing how to get to Pahoa from the roundabout when you enter from Kahakai. That sign shows a 'left turn' arrow to get to Pahoa. Instead, there should be a sign showing the roundabout and which exits will take you to which destination.

Something similar to this:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=roundabout+signs+and+markings&view=detailv2&&id=4110285408FA3A0C8BB91ADA73C8849BD167DB4F&selectedIndex=165&ccid=jvul2YA6&simid=608032529603300749&thid=OIP.M8efba5d9803a4f3d6a0139b527ab1f28o0&ajaxhist=0

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
This week's rab opening is only phase 2...it is expected to be completed at the end of this month.

I'm loving how it's working so far. And we have several well-known elderly drivers (being one myself) who should not be allowed to continue driving but they have no alternative as public transportation here is a joke. So we will be seeing the occasional driver going the wrong way or driving on the bricks. But we're all going much slower and on the alert so no one got hurt. Any accidents yet? Be safe...
Piece of cake - easy - no problems encountered .

Mrs . Mimosa