Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard brown bugs
I'm trying to figure out a good plan of attack with these beetles. I've noticed in well sealed and screened homes it's not uncommon to see 100's on the ceiling. And I've also noticed that when the screen door was not closing properly there were no beetles but gnats inside.

Anyone have any experience or ideas to share?
I had a neighbor whose sisters friend's cousin.. was a bug whisperer... perhaps I could get ahold of them.

..What would King Kamehameha do..
we got a small shop vac "ridgid" from Home Depot...

I've noticed that these bugs, only come in short spurts, like once every 3-6 months. But after one night of just going to town and vacuuming them all up, I haven't seen any for a long time. Might want to try that. It's a bummer that the lizards don't eat them. If you don't get rid of them, they hide in the daytime it seems, and come back out at night. I've also gotten a few of these blisters, and they do indeed take a few weeks before it heals up.
vacuuming has been our only solution also. The geckos and everyone else are long asleep (and well fed) by the time these masses come out. Vrroooooom and away they go!

Despite several replies, we still don't know what the insects' motivations are. So much for PW being a useful resource... [Wink]
ElysianWort gave reference that they may be related to Benny Hill.....

Community begins with Aloha