Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren malfunction on Kaloli Pt. J U L Y 9th
This is a quote from our local neighborhood watch:

"The Siren located in our Kaloli Point (Paradise Ala Kai at C Rd.) neighborhood was turned off last Friday. The County of Hawaii Civil Defense indicates that the system is the responsibility of the State of Hawaii. On Wed or Thurs of this week the State will be bringing in a team from Honolulu to repair and reactivate the Kaloli Point siren. In the mean time, please be aware that the siren is not functioning."

My understanding is that this siren had to be turned off manually by the HPP fire crew.
This is the latest news I've received about the Kaloli Point civil defense siren:

"The Siren located in our Kaloli Point (Paradise Ala Kai at C Rd.) neighborhood was turned off last Friday, July 8 and it is still out of commission. Troubleshooting is in progress. So, please continue to maintain your awareness that the siren is not functioning. The State and County will advise when the siren is back in service."

So, basically it got turned off manually because no one knew how to turn it off remotely, and now no one knows how to turn it on again.

I probably shouldn't comment further as I'll say something very inappropriate and rude.

ETA: fixed missing word
For a small fee.. I' ll stand out there with a megaphone and make siren noises..when need be.

Might be more cost effective..

..And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon God they made...
Cost effective and probably a lot more reliable...
Apparently, the Kaloli Point siren is working again, although I don't know if it's been tested.
Next test is August 1st I heard. I think it's at 11:45 AM
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Yes, usual time for testing the sirens is the first Monday of the month at 11:45am, which will be August 1st. What I don't understand is how the siren is fixed but hasn't been tested. I tend to wait until something has been tested before I claim it's fixed!

Incidentally, the information I received was from the guy who runs our local neighborhood watch and he said he got it from civil defense, presumably after calling them. What's missing from all this is any information from civil defense to affected residents.