Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV Meeting 8/3 update
Anyone who attended care to share the news? Is PGV ready to admit to being the cause of ROD? Did anyone get arrested this time?
Was it really that exciting of a meeting?
Kapoho Joe, This was just another meeting about geothermal operations that very few in our rural area ever hear about until they are over. I once went to a geothermal meeting at the Pahoa Cafeteria that only had 9 people including myself. The food they had at the meeting looked incredible while the geothermal plant manager Mike Kaleikini was very helpful and professional in answering my many questions. It would be nice if the DOH would have a rep at these geothermal meetings and also have them recorded. jmo

Looking for an exciting meeting Joe, then The Puna Venture Meeting next week at the old Pahoa police station is for you. They will be discussing geothermal Profits, shares and this quarter's royalties. (joking)

ON a more serious note and back to your topic Joe.
The picture in this recent article does show just how extensive the ROD has become around the geothermal power plant. The Roads in and out of the geothermal property also show plenty of use.
Concerned here that The ROD could still be spreading from geothermal and Helco employee vehicles use of this property?

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...al-studies

Is it really this difficult to get proper health studies started out here in Puna now a days? 30 years?
Gypsy - There have been numerous health studies in Puna and around the world, regarding the ill effects many suffer while living on an active volcano.