Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax refund how to??
Was wondering we have a small refund check for taxes from last year well April of this year filing less then $200. We have never received the check so your supposed to call (numbers below) and I have been trying to call for months now 2-3 times a week and all I get (after all the prompts) finally gets switch to a customer service representative and then I get a recording all lines are busy, your call is important to us.. blah blah blah.. call back later and click.. the call ends. .

LOL..

I get this message when I go to.. the states website to check status.

We have received your return and it is being processed. You should receive your refund on April 29, 2016.
If you do not receive your refund check or direct deposit within two weeks of that date, please call 808-587-4242 or toll-free at 1-800-222-3229 during normal business hours and speak to a customer service representative for assistance.

I have been trying both the numbers listed above a few times a week for months now and same message... all lines busy~ call back later~ and then disconnects/hang up!

Any suggestions?

It's well known the state of Hawaii has incompetent workers.. ( not all.. but alot).. try going higher up the food chain.. and asking questions..

http://tax.hawaii.gov/contact/

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

It's well know the state of Hawaii has incompetent workers.. ( not all.. but alot).. try going higher up the food chain.. and asking questions..

http://tax.hawaii.gov/contact/

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...

Thank you for the link, I will try moving up the chain just a bit.
Another strategy is to go to the tax office in Hilo. A PITA but you at least have a chance to talk to a real person and find out if your tax return was logged in and if a refund has been sent...
we just got ours last week. s l o w
Just under pay your taxes and you will owe them instead of them owing you that way you have the control over the money
Kw
I've been calling too with the same results... really incompetent. especially since they zeroed the amount I already paid to HI and say I owe now. no way to get a hold of them. Grrrrrr.. would be nice if someone could do remedial math.