Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
criminal trespass for State lands
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...tate-lands

The Hawaii House of Representatives approved a bill to make it a crime to trespass on all state lands ... Violators could be arrested for a petty misdemeanor under the bill proposed by Gov. David Ige.

Cue the usual claims about "well, it's really for theft/arson, and we wouldn't use it for homeless/tourists/practitioners" ... yet that's not how it's written.

Now consider Banyan Drive, the dump, the airport, highways ... all State land.
State lands are OUR LANDS...

Unless there is a specific security reason to bar entry such as airports, safety reasons such as dumps/landfills,there is zero reason to do this.
Well if they are going to lock up states lands.. I guess we don't need DLNR any more. Let them all go. Sell the office buildings.
Another unenforceable law. Especially in Puna.
Selective enforcement- like so much here.
Wasn't everyone complaining when the state took no action with the protesters who blocked the Mauna Kea access road ?

How about the encampment they built and brought in invasive species ?

Maybe the state didn't have a law on the books that allowed them to do that.
exactly, Obie.
Obie, Thankfully we have many local folks who are more than willing to stand with Aloha for what they believe in. This article best describes how many of my friends and "I" feel regarding the protection of Mauna Kea and Hawaii lands today.

http://hawaiiankingdom.org/blog/hawaii-l...f-regents/

You can make or change all the laws you want to justify your beliefs but If the state, University and BLNR had followed the laws and not put the cart before the horse. The many protectors may not have had to block the access road or build an encampment to begin with. The truly invasive species were brought in by the state years ago and now they want to expand on others sacred lands. jmo
Speaking of invasive species, aren't you moving?
If the state, University and BLNR had followed the laws

Those same "rules and laws" would have seen the "protectors" in jail for their illegal encampment. The "selective enforcement" runs deep, here, and in all directions.