Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cops at Orchidland
8 officers per shift for all of Puna AFAIK. So anyone who wants to gather a dirty dozen or so, should theoretically be able to run roughshod over Puna (until Hilo and Ka'u units arrive).
Ok, so nobody knows what they're doing. I guess I'll have to ask them. Hopefully not randomly selecting people, since I have no intention of volunteering.
Doesn't Pahoa have one of the newest Police and Fire stations ?

Pretty cool to have a DMV that can breeze in and out of.
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Stoddard

Ok, so nobody knows what they're doing. I guess I'll have to ask them. Hopefully not randomly selecting people, since I have no intention of volunteering.

Hunt
There is police officer taking pictures of violators of whatever ordinance that these people are guilty of. He or she is just before that turnoff.
A picture is taken of the violation and the guys staring at their phones are looking at those pictures.

It's all paid for by Grants .
Makes sense. So the moral of the story is, if you see a cop taking your picture before the Orchidland turnoff, keep going.
if you are turning right onto OLD you cannot see around the corner. Its an old cowboy ambush tactic. The cops can easily spot if your are on the phone or no seat belt.
No seatbelt 90 bucks. On the phone 1st offense 300 bucks. easy money.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Odd that those on the phone and/or not wearing the seat belt also tend to be the ones with expired safety, expired registration and no insurance...