Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Protectors" and Their Momentum
kalakoa @12:20:16-
My experience too.
But I'm a fast learner.
I only had my hopes and ambitions dashed, and only wasted a few thousand dollars.
You know it's like the Hawaii D of Tax, you're a bit late paying, you're penalized;
but they don't cash your check for 6 or so weeks from after receipt from what I've seen.
don't cash your check for 6 or so weeks

Correct. During which time, you'll get letters explaining that they will levy fines, file charges, seize assets, etc.

So I called them, and received the following explanation:

"Well, we send out letters on the 12th, and then deposit checks on the 16th..."
kalakoa @13:23:00-
12th to the !6th week of the year?
They do it every month. Last time I paid with a check, I got two letters, called them each time, was told not to worry about it.

Ever since then, I only deal with them in person, for cash, and get a receipt.
quote:
Originally posted by punaticbychoice

kalakoa @ 10:18:
TMT--fully permitted (no dice).
The LOCAL ELITES here do not want a real economy.
They are leeches off of military spending, tourist spending
and retiree remittances.Period.
They use the resentments of ordinary local people to prevent a better life for us all. (e.g., TMT).
A real economy would threaten their corrupt, lazy dominance.

(As some say here, JMHO.)

BULLSEYE!
yet we keep electing the same clowns...

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me again, and again, and again, and who's the fool here????
yet we keep electing the same clowns...

The system is designed so that only clowns are allowed to win the election. Non-clowns may run, but they simply do not enjoy "meaningful" support, without which they cannot win.
Non-clowns may run, but they simply do not enjoy "meaningful" support, without which they cannot win.

Just as it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a circus to elect a clown.

Note the biggest clowns who orchestrate the actions of the largest circus acts, waving their signs on the side of the highway during election season. Won't they get the greatest number of votes? Does anyone even notice the lone non-clown standing next to his pickup truck, the only one showing some common sense by standing a safe distance from the traffic whizzing by?

Perfect citizens: Those who do not like cake, but have a passion for producing eggs, butter, sugar & milk.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"yet we keep electing the same clowns..."

May I suggest a British solution? Just have actual clowns run for election and you never know, they might just make better arguments than the pretend clowns in charge. Maybe a kick up the arse is what's needed.

https://youtu.be/6eQ0s4SBefU (warning: strong language).