Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heard about a new Cell Tower approved fern forest
Happy Aloha Friday! Just an FYI On Cell Phone Service in Puna: The planning commission just approved of a Verizon tower at the top of Fern Forest off Hwy 11. They'll be discussing and accepting public comment for another application from Verizon for a parcel in the middle of Eden Roc at 9am on July 6th at the Aupuni Center Conference room at 101 Pauahi St in Hilo. The parcel in Eden Roc is on the corner lot of Ohia Ave and Alapua st.

Anyone know Where in fernforest? Good to get a strong signal, and maybe even internet running down captains... Assuming that's where they might be talking about?
Top of Rd 16 in Eden Roc.
One acre parcel .
The man who owns this lot and several in Fern Forest - will be getting $800.00 a month for a 10 year contract .
Thank You for posting this information.
Mrs.Mimosa
Thanks Mimosa,

Apparently (how I read it), there are two cell towers going up?

Maybe it's just a confusing article. I know there is a tower on the other side of 11 in glenwood, but it would be nice if the fern forest sub got it's own tower as well. I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens in the next 2-3 years. Cell towers and hawaiian time!
quote:
Originally posted by Mimosa

Top of Rd 16 in Eden Roc.
One acre parcel .
The man who owns this lot and several in Fern Forest - will be getting $800.00 a month for a 10 year contract .

Good for him!
Where are the "Protectors" for this for this assault on the aina ?
I agree with you Kapoho Joe, good for him, bringing money in instead of
the idiots who oppose TMT and geothermal and are hurting us all.