Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii National Park license plates available
quote:

I think I might pay for the plates (they look great) if out of 35.5 dollars $18 went to the DMV or wherever it's going, the other $17:50 went to the parks and then the annual renewal fee also went to the parks. Otherwise, as alaskyn66 points out, you might as well just donate the 18 bucks in the first place. Why pay the state/government a renewal fee for a picture? Something's messed up here.

Reading the FAQs on the link out of the original $35.50, $18 goes to the park that you chose. Then every year there is a $25 renewal fee of which $18 again goes towards the park you chose.
Maybe they'll let you into the park free of charge with this plate.

"What, I gotta pay? My understanding was that the $18 annual renewal fee included a yearly pass" [:p]
WOW, a whole $35.
Wish I could exchange mine, worth $108 American each and every year, and worth every penny of it (NOT). and that's on top of the 5k house tax for 1200 sq ft. More in Chicago ROFLMAO.
In Illinois, still paying for Chicago's Public Schools 1960 cost increase,

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

I saw one of these on a car today for the first time. In real life they don't look like what the web site depicts and it was nearly impossible to make out WTF it was.
WOW, a whole $35.
Wish I could exchange mine,...
-------------
That is on top of the annual registration fees. A typical car will be $125-$150 dependent upon weight.
I have to admit I was curious if imwithstoopid was referring to a personalized license plate, registration fees or a completely separate charge for being allowed to have a license plate on their car. I'm still not sure.

Hawaii Bound - thanks for reading the FAQ! It makes it a little more tempting to get a plate, but am still unsure why some of the annual renewal fee has to go to the DMV. I don't pay annual renewal fees if I buy a picture. If I had to I wouldn't buy it.