Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smell
Does anybody else smell a unusual smell coming in from the ocean tonight? It's like a swampy fishy smell. We are on 5th & Makuu area.
No smell where I am (Kaloli). Runoff after the recent heavy rains? A dead whale?
We smelled it along the coastline in Pepeekeo around 8:30 last night. Just don't equate that smell with Hawaii; reminiscent of seaweed drying in the sun.
We smelled it around 9:30 pm. - so maybe it was something drifting by (whale or ...)?
Yep, I smelled it too (lower HPP), I just thought it was the usual oceany smell, but I did remark upon it.
a swampy fishy smell.

Who brings fish to surface where we can smell them? Fisherman.
If this happens again, I hope the county will set up a fund to buy our houses, funded by fisherman.

(It's) what the existentialists called "awful freedom" the reinvention of irrationality by marginalized people, just in order to spite science. -Elif Batuman
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
county will set up a fund to buy our houses, funded by fisherman

State does not require the fishermen to be US Citizens, so the taxation would have to be levied on the distributor's point-of-import or retailer's point-of-sale, with additional paperwork for restaurants acting as a "wholesaler" passing the surcharge through to their customer.

The "average fish consumer" will only pay an additional $2.63/month.
Late to the thread, but def smelled it that night. VERY noticeable at 3rd and Maku'u. I expected next day we'd hear about a dead whale out there, but never did.
We've lived here about 5 years & never smelled that smell before; glad others smelled it too (we're not crazy !)!