Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give your Union a Shaka! How about a finger?
Another slow witted xenophobe lands at Punaweb.
Ouch. Another newbie (relatively) gets the treatment.
"I cringe when I see interviews with 5+ year burger flippers, complaining that they don't make more money."

Exactly! Oddly enough, 95% of lawmakers who support minimum wage hikes pay their interns NOTHING: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/14/mo...tute-study Maybe McDonalds will get interns? I agree 100% that we need more living wage jobs, but handing them out to everybody makes absolutely no sense. I applied for a job at McDonalds. But I was 15 years old. I didn't need nor expect to make as much money as a 40 year old with a bunch of kids. I was just looking for job experience that wasn't the strawberry picking fields I had worked in the prior 5 summers (where I made *WAY LESS* than minimum wage).

"Be it on the mainland or here in Puna,what are you going to do with those whose potential jobs have been displaced by robots etc?
Give them a wage for doing nothing? Give them sh-t,for doing nothing,or just turn your back which make those folks fend for themselves? Or draft them all into some lasting war for the military industrial complex?"

This is a good question, and one that has been asked for over a hundred years. First it was industrialization, then it was automation, and now it's robotics and AI. Each one of these was "supposed" to bring about the death of the average Joe worker but that never happened. Society and the economy has always adapted to these changes, and there is no reason to believe that this time it is different. I don't know that anybody has ever correctly predicted these adaptations in the past 100+ years, there is no reason to believe any of us can now either. All we've learned so far is that we've always been wrong.

ETA; formatting
what are you going to do with those whose potential jobs have been displaced by robots

No robot can duplicate the inefficiencies of the County permitting process; the displaced workers will simply become government employees, assigned individually to help each permit applicant build or retrofit their home.