Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruise Ship Passenger Pickup Spot?
Have some friends arriving tomorrow on the cruise ship. Is there an easy place to pick them up down by the dock, or should they hop a shuttle to somewhere downtown so I can meet them there?
Tell them to walk towards the road and wait for you in front of the Customs / CBP building (the white one on the corner of Kuhio and Kalanianaole). When they are ready to be picked up you can drive like you are going into the harbor road and make a U-Turn and collect them. There is a shoulder on Silva st opposite from Kuhio if you want to wait for them to get to the CBP building. The staircase going into the CBP building is covered so they can get out of the rain/sun.
We picked up out family at Keaukaha General Store just outside the port entrance. Was a piece of cake. It was a very short walk maybe a few hundred yards. Hope that helps
That works too. It's kitty-corner from the customs building so they will cross Kalanianaole to get there, I don't remember if they have an overhang to get out of the sun/rain.
Crossing that busy road can be dicey. I like the CBP building as well.
You guys sure are right about that road, I didn't think of that. Come to think of it was very busy with everyone coming and going.