Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Section 8 housing
Who pays $10 an hour in the Pahoa Hilo area?
--------
Walmart and Target both start their new employees between $11 and $14, locally.
I am a long time landlord in Ca. I have tried section 8 and had a lot of damage. It was not repaired or reimbursed. Then the gov. Rep could not understand why I would not renew my section 8 status.
I can get the same amount of money for my houses if not more than what S8 will pay, so what's the incentive? None.
I can get the same amount of money for my houses if not more than what S8 will pay, so what's the incentive? None.
----------
Buy a cheap 3 bedroom house in Nanawale or Orchidland or Ainoloa and you make out pretty good.
Thanks for reminding me of the "tell your cousins girlfriends sisters best friend to chill it for a while. We're getting too many calls to my boss" law.

Community begins with Aloha
I can get the same amount of money for my houses if not more than what S8 will pay

It varies some with the strength of the rental market.
When a lot of houses are available on the rental market, the average price is lower. At those times it's easier to get more from Section 8.

Buy a cheap 3 bedroom house in Nanawale or Orchidland or Ainoloa and you make out pretty good.

There are people who do this, buy a house cheap, rent high, take the depreciation, and if they can handle the generally more complicated lifestyles of Section 8 renters, they can make a relatively decent income.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hawaii County 2017 Rates
2br $1271
3br $1629
4br $2046

Is that what the tenant pays or is it what the landlord receives?
What is a section 8 please? Is it renters that are low income and the state or county gives them a break, or?

Thanks for your comments.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Section 8 is when the gov't subsidizes one's housing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(housing)
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Hawaii County 2017 Rates
2br $1271
3br $1629
4br $2046

Is that what the tenant pays or is it what the landlord receives?

It is the total of the 2. In most cases, the government pays about 70% or so.