Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shower Drive, 130 to 28th Avenue clsd this wknd
Railroad could be opened next week if there was the proper will to do it. So it would step on toes; they'd get over it. Think about the lost man/women hours; think about emergency and disaster access. I have as much sympathy for private ownership as anyone, but...I've never encountered a more genuine use for eminent domain than this.
So it would step on toes; they'd get over it.

It would step on the toes what runs the show, County don't dare get uppity.
My idea is, Block off all of the exits from HPP except for the new intersection at Shower.

The residents may figure it out !
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Stoddard

Railroad could be opened next week if there was the proper will to do it. So it would step on toes; they'd get over it. Think about the lost man/women hours; think about emergency and disaster access. I have as much sympathy for private ownership as anyone, but...I've never encountered a more genuine use for eminent domain than this.

Railroad belongs to DHHL and the Panaewa residents are dead set against it. Without a Mayor strong enough to do eminent domain, its a moot point.
Ultimately, the DHHL opposition to PMAR probably carries more weight than Shipman. They aren't as vocal about their opposition as Shipman, but no less than four of their communities have written formal policy letters opposing it. (Only a small stretch of Railroad technically belongs to DHHL, but they oppose the additional traffic PMAR would bring to their communities.) Add in a small, but determined, element in HPP that is against PMAR, and you get a grim picture. Plus there is no money anywhere in sight for it. Our best hope for relief is a four-lane 130 capable of contraflow for the inevitable mishaps. It would still be a mess at times, but maybe a more manageable mess.
Block off all of the exits from HPP except for the new intersection at Shower

The ultimate 130 plan shows all subdivision side streets becoming right-in/right-out; people who need to make a left would use the light at Shower/Pohaku, the light at Orchidland, or make a U-turn at the Ainaloa roundabout.

they oppose the additional traffic PMAR would bring to their communities

In a previous life, I saw these same objections to a "new" highway (it had been on the drawing board for decades, with the right-of-way already reserved). State said "no problem, we just won't build offramps near you" and suddenly the communities realized they didn't want to be left out...