Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff infection, home remedies ?
FYI I had some nasty infected cuts/bites on my ankles shortly after moving onto my property, and they just wouldn't heal. Doctor told me I should stop cleaning them with alcohol or peroxide after the initial cleansing, as it damages the tissue and stops it from healing itself. I used a tiny amount of antibiotic cream 3 times a day and kept it clean and aired out (very loose bandage when working) and it eventually scabbed and healed.
"Keeping it soaked in peroxide" will just bubble off the good tissue as well as the bad. Not a good idea, but go ahead. It's your body. We often learn most by our mistakes.

Be careful if you decide to go with the hot water. Burning the tissue will just add insult to injury. Nothing like a blistered Staph wound.

IMO, the best way to avoid Staph is to keep wounds clean and covered (not aired out) before they get infected.
I can already see the Nixle alert now - "Puna resident dies after flesh eating bacteria takes limb".

Yep, if you think something like Neosporin will cure anything but ham you are mistaken, and alcohol will only cure fruits.
Did you die RWR?
Leilani guy, your post made me crave alcohol cured fruits....
(Not to derail the thread..)