Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council resolution: peace with North Korea
Lest anyone think our County Council "never does anything important"...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...orth-korea

Paik said she asked Honokaa Councilwoman Valerie Poindexter to sponsor it as council chairwoman, and Hilo Councilman Aaron Chung because he, like Paik, is of Korean descent.
Paik said she asked Honokaa Councilwoman Valerie Poindexter to sponsor

Also, because Honokaa is from NORTH Hawaii County? So maybe some simpatico and cred with Kim Jong Un?

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I can think of about 50 things the council needs to be addressing more than an international brouhaha they can't possibly influence. I have to wonder how much staff time ($$) is being wasted writing up and recording this nonsense.
Treason.
How about they go and talk to Kim personally?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
go and talk to Kim personally?

I'm all for it IF...
they stop in Seoul on the way, and work out an agreement to set up a Samsung Factory Outlet Store in Hilo that will fill all the empty spaces at Prince Kuhio Mall. With a fix-while-you-wait repair shop around the back... all parts always in stock.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Everyone but Ruggles should go. Then Jen can actually get some Puna bills passed for a change. :-)
Look on the bright side. It might distract them enough to stop passing resolutions that actually hurt people who live here.