Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
portable wood stove question
After a very cold morning, I was wondering about how to break the chill when we get those stretches of cold mornings, but don't want a permanent (or expensive) solution so my mind wandered back to my Alaska days and those tent wood stoves that would vent out the wall.

This one is from a brand I currently use, the price seems good, and the reviews are decent:

https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-CS14-Cylinder-shelves/dp/B002G55XXQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1510973758&sr=8-3&keywords=CAMP+CHEF+WOOD+STOVE&linkCode=ll1&tag=cd023-20&linkId=4838e68319de78b25dcee90cdcb5e7fd

My question is about venting it. Of course I would vent it out a window, but my brainstorming on how that would happen needs help. I was thinking of a system where I could remove the window screen and replace it with something the pipe would go through, and then continue out and up to vent the smoke away. Ideas?
Well, back on my family farm in Connecticut my uncle used to tell me if I was cold I wasn't working hard enough....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Fathers name for his children " get wood "
Mountain view was 65 last night .. kind of wish I had a wood stove.
Yes cold snap 4 sure.
We bought our portable wood stove at Rancho True Value ( Ace ) in Ocean View a few years ago and made a custom insulated stove pipe through one of the larger screen windows - with cement board and fire brick .
In the bedroom we burn candles we make ourselves and have added extra quilts to the bed .
Luckily it is only in the low 60s at night and not in the 30s n 40s like in volcano town the last two nights.
In the 50's here in HA this early morning. Got up to grab another comforter...
If you just want a temporary, no hassle, portable fix for a cold snap I'd recommend the lil buddy or big buddy propane heaters.

Bake cookies in the morning