Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon again
This morning I ordered four items from Amazon using a method suggested by Terracore right here on Punatalk. If I used my normal Post Office box mailing address, Amazon would not ship three of the four items to me. Using Terracore's method, they will ship all four items to me. This will be my first order using that method, so I have my fingers crossed. We don't have Amazon Prime.
Thanks to Terracore

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Not sure what method he uses but I quit using my box #... I put my physical address on line one and just the box # under that. If you've had your box for some time, they'll know to put it in your box. I've even had things sent to me without a box # at all and they ladies at the Kea'au office know where it goes! (I've had my box for over 12 years) There are still some items that Amazon flat refuses to ship to Hawaii and it doesn't have anything to do with size or weight. Many small auto parts and small electronics fall into that group and even if sold by and shipped by Amazon.... I find that so odd as they ship huge boxes of toilet paper to me without issue!! Go figure....

The method is that the first line is your name. On the second line, first the physical address of the Keauu Post Office, followed by the pound sign and your POB number, as in #493040. The last line is Keaau, Hi 96749. Terracore says this works, as did a few others.
If this works for me, it'll be like rolling Amazon back like 5 years, when they would ship far more items to us. Lately, they have got so bad I have ordered a few things from Walmart.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Even using the PO street address, I've had tiny little non-hazardous items ship one month and not the next. I'll have to try the home address + PO method next time.