Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two die at rainbow falls
Exactly. All I'm saying is, exhaustion makes for bad decisions. That, and the constant state of surprise that one has gotten old.
I quit crossing rivers higher than my ankle when I misjudged a flow and got swept downstream for a 1/2 mile. That was Alaska and I was in my 40s!

I think some people have an image of Hawaii as a tropical Disneyland and fail to prepare for the many dangers.
This explains a lot of mishaps.
"the constant state of surprise that one has gotten old".

Reminds me of my last Karate tournament. I went for a simple kick I had made a million times before and twisted my ankle badly.

Youth is wasted on the young...
Was anyone asked to "hold my beer"? Any selfie sticks found at the scene? We'll get to the bottom of figure this out...
Checked out the Falls yesterday, cranking. They still haven't found that guy according to the firefighters I asked at the Falls parking lot. Are they still looking? There's a body downstream somewhere?
Fish food.
The rest of the story...
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/36979...hilo-river
They swam... trying to reach the same spot where he proposed. Twas romance that was their ruin.
Their son and his girlfriend witnessed the whole thing.
Their son had planned on proposing to his girlfriend at the same spot. Now... um, no.
Geez Louise.
Curiouser and curiouser. The story has been updated. Now they quote the son as saying they "wanted to go to an area behind the waterfall because they kissed there after they got married". Hmm. Who corrected him?
Nah... I read too many mysteries. The reporter must have misquoted him the first time.

While slipping and falling while crossing seemed feasible, I cannot comprehend them trying to swim it. Maybe the husband might give it a go under the influence of some misplaced male bravado (AKA: idiocy), but beckoning his 62 year old wife to join him??? (C'mon, hon! You can do it!!!)