Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Bacon at the Supermarket
I was in the Puainako KTA this afternoon. Store security had to call police. A customer was grocery shopping... with his pig. They asked him to leave the premises but he refused. Unfortunately I had to get back to work before the squad car arrived, but I can only imagine it got very interesting after that.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Probably an emotional support pig.
Maybe a seeing eye pig??

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
I'm pretty sure I ran across this guy as well during yesterday's deluge. He had a baby black feral pig tucked into his shirt while shopping at Walmart. Seemed nice enough (put up with my bringing home the bacon joke) and the employees weren't giving him any grief. Guess KTA is just too hoity-toity to allow the live stock to mingle with the customers.
baby black feral pig tucked into his shirt while shopping at Walmart

I just hope he had a receipt for the pig (or a pork related product). Those receipt checkers at Walmart can be sticklers for protocol when you're trying to get out the door.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
KTA always advertise that they have the freshest bacon in town.
quote:
Originally posted by ironyak

I'm pretty sure I ran across this guy as well during yesterday's deluge. He had a baby black feral pig tucked into his shirt while shopping at Walmart. Seemed nice enough (put up with my bringing home the bacon joke) and the employees weren't giving him any grief. Guess KTA is just too hoity-toity to allow the live stock to mingle with the customers.

Is it just pigs kta kicks out our do they kick out dogs,cats or chicken that I have seen people bring in?

jrw
jrw
KTA... the freshest bacon in town.

Yes, and the guy with a pig tucked under his shirt shows how "in store pickup" can work even without a website, or a cell phone.

just pigs kta kicks out our do they kick out dogs,cats or chicken

It looks like yet another example of selective enforcement, but perhaps kalakoa can comment and elucidate?

I once crossed paths with a woman in Home Depot who had a small chihuahua in the childs seat of her shopping cart. He had a vest on that looked like a service animal vest so I asked if he was a service dog. She said yes so I asked what he did. Without batting an eye she replied "He services me".