Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Tires/Alignment
Great! Thanks Guys
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
at Firestone they were offering a "lifetime" alignment

I fell for this one; every time I took my car in for its "free" alignment, they always had some excuse for being unable to do it. "Have your mechanic replace this and this and that, then bring it back." Also popular: "Our alignment machine is down, we're waiting for a tech to fly in and fix it."

Wheel alignment Hawaii went to sears said I needed $1000.00 of work done went this guys $9O wheel alignment was all I needed. They are hard to get into always book out a couple weeks that should tell you something

jrw
jrw
I've mentioned this before here, but if you have an AAA membership or even some other driving club membership (Allstate for instance), you may find some decent savings by going through them.

For instance, if you go through AAA, Goodyear and Lex Brodie's are offering 10% off. I'm not recommending either, but if cost is a big factor, it's worth looking at.
My suggestion is Big Island Brake and Front End near Walmart.
seconded ....they did a very good job on my aftermarket coil over setup ...most shops wont touch ...very pleased with the results
"For instance, if you go through AAA, Goodyear and Lex Brodie's are offering 10% off. I'm not recommending either, but if cost is a big factor, it's worth looking at."

I used to be a AAA member. My suggestion is to request the discount after you get the final bill so the 10% doesn't get lost through creative billing or services, or from having other discounts applied.

I've never gone to Lex Brodies and not got at least $10 knocked off just by asking for a discount. One time I had to get an alignment and two tires, I used a coupon for a discount on the alignment and I told them their tires were too expensive for being from Malaysia and they also took the tire disposal fees off my bill. After you get all of that agreed to, then you announce your 10% discount.

eta: finished thought
Thanks for the great advice, terracore. Never thought of that!