Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Reading This Thread
When I drove through the Pahoa roundabout this afternoon, headed in Hilo direction, I saw a sign on the fence makai side warning us:

NO POSTING SIGNS... etc

It caught me by surprise, so I wasn't able to read in its entirety the sign telling us not to post (other?) signs. I have a few questions:
1) is this a new sign?
2) has anyone seen any other signs ever posted on the fence?
3) is there any possibility the county is being ironic?

"You all just got a lot richer." Donald Trump, Dec 23, 2017, speaking to friends, donors, and sycophants who could afford the $200,000 yearly membership fee at Mar-a-Lago.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
hahaha I LOVE that sign. I keep meaning to snap a pic when someone else is driving. I noticed it went up, and all the banner type signs that used to be there was taken down.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Ha! This reminds me of a sign I saw once at a cemetery. "NO EXIT"
It's a funny thing about the county.... they want to enforce a "no signs" on anything resembling county or state property. In a meeting I had with the county and with a county attorney present I pointed out that they have hundreds of installations on public property where they have allowed their vendor/contractor to place permanent signs for all to read.

For the most part these signs say "American Fence Company". Most every installed chain link has one.

The county attorney said: "He has a point."

So, like everything else here. The CoH enforces when they want to and ignore when they want to.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
CoH enforces when they want to and ignore when they want to

So not "Rule of Law" then? Somehow nobody sues them over this?
Pretty soon - that sign - like many county and state signs will grow green mold and mildew along with a wide variety of foliage and that sign will for ever be one of the many un maintained dirty filthy signs of the times.They put them up but never maintain them.
Mrs.Mimosa