Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County worker pay search engine
Though incomplete, here is a search engine you can use to look up county worker's salaries.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2018/01/heres-w...-for-cops/
my favorite so far is 'leisure instructors' of which Maui Country employs 42.
Sure are a lot of teachers between $72k and $104k (pages and pages of 100 per page)
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Sure are a lot of teachers between $72k and $104k (pages and pages of 100 per page)

Confusing to me that teachers are state workers, not county workers.

Nevertheless, I see the education listings you refer to page on three pages (11, 12, and 13) of 201 pages. I can't find a single listing that is a "normal" teacher. The jobs are all middle management or 12-month positions.

I imagine that the 201 pages don't exactly mirror a bell-shaped curve, but going to page 101, I see the average teachers showing the range $38,304--$72,992.

The bottom end of the salary ranges appear to be custodial, whereas the very top end is non-teaching administrators.

One could draw their own conclusions, hopefully after looking at a fuller picture of the data.

Cheers,
Kirt
Sure are a lot of teachers between $72k and $104k

The chart doesn't show where those teachers live. If it's on Oahu, Maui, or Kauai where a small home can run $600,000 or rent is $2000-$3000 a month, what would you consider a fair salary for a college educated worker, if they plan to live somewhere near their place of employment?

Scroll all the way down to the teachers who are paid $42,000 a year. Where do they live? Can you buy a home in Pahoa with an income of $42,000 a year? If you answer yes, what kind of a home is it?

If we can't pay teachers enough to live in some kind of a shelter, what is the alternative to educating keiki? Lock kids in a room with an iPad for 6 hours a day?

Percentage change in the level of glyphosate, an herbicide, in Americans’ urine since 1993 : +1,200. Harper's Index
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Can you buy a home in Pahoa with an income of $42,000 a year?

For that kind of money, you can afford a nice home ... or some lovely permits ... but not both.
Teachers bring a lot of value, administrators, not so much.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I've yet to meet an actual teacher that makes that much, even on Oahu. (I know a few...) so my guess is that those are admins.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
With only an initial 'combing' though the database, it appears every department has a lot of 'fluff'.

Interesting to see janitors and secretaries make as much or more money than some of the research positions.

Police pay even more telling.

Our community is shameful.