Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Shipping
terracore, the 2-line method has worked for me on Amazon very recently, like this:

16-1234 Happy St
P0#56789
Kurtistown, HI 96760

When did that quit working for you?
terracore -
I received several shipments over the last few weeks with both my physical address and HC Box address on the labels. Some arrived by UPS, some USPS.

* Because Amazon uses their own plane to fly to their Honolulu warehouse, generally the last leg of the trip from Honolulu to Big Island is by USPS. You might run into problems if they remove USPS as a shipping option.
* FedEx is no longer shipping anything for Amazon:
https://www.barrons.com/articles/fedex-d...1559941071
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

terracore, the 2-line method has worked for me on Amazon very recently, like this:

16-1234 Happy St
P0#56789
Kurtistown, HI 96760

When did that quit working for you?

A few months ago. FWIW my home and PO box addresses are in different zip codes. Apparently the USPS had no interest in sending the packages from Keaau to Hilo for me to pick up anymore, they would rather pay for fuel to send them all the way back to the madland. My address looked like this:

16-1234 Happy St
P0#56789 Hilo, HI 96720
Keaau, HI 96749

"FedEx is no longer shipping anything for Amazon"

The media articles are misleading as "the contract" that has been terminated only applies to air shipments in the 48. FedEx will still be delivering plenty of Amazon packages including trucked packages in the 48.

as "the contract" that has been terminated only applies to air shipments in the 48.

Yes, that’s right. Amazon will still use FedEx Ground on the mainland. I meant to say Amazon would no longer be shipping with FedEx to Hawaii. FedEx does have a Ground service to Hawaii, but I don’t think I’ve ever received an Amazon package by that shipping method. The Parcel Pool shipments generally are a hybrid with DHL or UPS & USPS.

Can you ship Your Amazon packages General Delivery to the Keaau PO so the zip codes of the two addresses match? Or won’t Amazon ship to General Delivery?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"Can you ship Your Amazon packages General Delivery to the Keaau PO"

I've had so many problems at that PO I don't even claim my free PO box there.

Has anybody used that private mailbox place in Keaau?
I used to use Local Local Mail & Ship in Keaau for package delivery only but they changed their policy to require one to rent a box for somewhere around $25 a month to get that service. I was very happy with the service up until that point.

I went the to Kurtistown Post Office where they also offer a service where they will accept UPS and Fedex for a fee - currently just over $90 a year, which I think is just the box rental fee. You just use the Post Office mailing address with your P.O. Box number in the second line and they slip a card in your box letting you know to collect it. If you get the USPS Informed Delivery App you will get texts telling you when your package is ready to pick up. I've been using it for about a year and have had zero problems.
They did tell me that they don't offer this service to those with the free boxes.
I had heard that the Pahoa PO is moving. Does anybody know if this is true?
The USPS own's the square of property next to the Malama Marketplace.They have owned it for years .
John Oliver took a behind the scenes look at Amazon shipping, in particular what goes on in the warehouse while workers pull your order. He answers the questions we never think about like:

* How many miles do workers walk per shift?
* What does it take so your order arrives in a few days?
* How do workers save time on bathroom breaks?
* If robots in an Amazon warehouse sprayed workers with Bear Repellent, does it mean the artificial intelligence apocalypse has begun?

Complete video at the end of the article.
WARNING: if you have compassion for other human beings but want to keep buying from Amazon, don’t watch:
https://news.avclub.com/just-in-time-for...1836006801
its a very short time until its completely automated. Its where everything is going and people wont be required to do things but fix the robots.