Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why I fly Hawaiian Air
With Hawaiian, its around 8 hours to LAX. No thanks!

This is exactly why I don't visit the mainland unless I absolutely have to -- regardless of airline. Even a mid-day 5h flight leaves plenty of useful time on each end; with a layover, I basically lose a day of billable hours coming and going.
"I basically lose a day of billable hours coming and going."

You get paid for posting on Punaweb?
You get paid for posting on Punaweb?

Fake news is far, far bigger than Russians on Facebook and Twitter.
I don't use either one, so this is valuable information to me.
The next time you fly United from Hilo to LA, here's some info that's good to know.

If you get bumped, the maximum voucher they're allowed to offer is $10,000. On a recent flight from Dulles to Austin, the aircraft had a broken seat and when they couldn't find a volunteer to accept a voucher, they told a woman with the lowest paid fare she had to accept a voucher and stay behind. She told them no voucher, she wanted $2000 in cash, so they raised the offer to a $10,000 voucher. They wouldn't let her in the United lounge when she asked though. Guess they had to draw the line somewhere:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/...passenger/

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If she used the voucher for a 1st class roundtrip to Europe, which is probably the going rate, they would have to let her into the United lounges at various airports!

Great story, thank you!
United or Hawaiian from S.E.A. into Guam on the red eye - 3 flights in - and only 1 to Honolulu .Always overbooked .They offer up to 10K cash and upgrade to 1st class along with 1st class hotel and 3 squares on a confirmed seat first class with in 72 hours .In addition they offer a FREE 1st class ticket any where world wide if used with in 365 days of said over booked flight .
Always fly through Guam coming back from South East Asia if you are not in any hurry to get back home .
Mrs.Mimosa
Thanks for the tip!