Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the middle of buying lot in Black Sand Sub
aklb43, I totally understand the allure of Black Sands, I've loved that subdivision for a very long time. It's gorgeous and some lots have spectacular ocean views. Cool at night but not too far for fun at the beach, just a short drive down hill.

I feel sorry for the good responsible folk who live there who must drive past some serious eye sores on the way to their homes. On the bright side, it does chase away developers and speculators. As the late William Appleton would say "Thankfully they keep the bourgeois at bay".
Buy now. Hot lava deal. Offer half. You can sell to the Feds soon, next National Park. I am from Fairbanks, 40 years. Been here 12. Everything I built in Kapoho now gone! Have tent can travel! Good luck! Aloha
By the way, do you realize that your" acsess to the ocean" is very tenious?
It's more like "access to the coast". Actual access to the ocean is more difficult when there's a 30 foot lava cliff at the edge of the water.
AKLB43, Just do it... Buy it, who knows (doubtful), you may just love it! Seems this thread is like beating a dead horse.
Punatic007 - Yup, i think we see the same thing.

Waawaawah - Sorry about your place, kapoho was amazingly beautiful. Yes, i know there isn't much access to the ocean, with one clothing optional beach. That one beach is good enough for me. If i really need to, ill drive to Kona for beach access. I hope issac hale doesnt get taken cause I wanted to take my zodiac down there and go fishing. Hmm, maybe if you need a place, we can trade work (land clearing, etc.) for using my lot to live on? Would probably be better than living in a refuge camp.

ericlp - We're just chatting, there is no horse to beat. I put in a offer. I'm using my gold investment money I made back when the housing crisis hit back in 2007(?). Gold hasn't moved in over 7 years, and that money has just been sitting there. Plus, i can just sell the lot if I don't like, assuming it doesn't get eaten. If it does, oh well, I'll just chalk it up to a bad risky investment.

Thanks, for all the advice everyone! I'll let you know if I they accept my offer.
So what happened?