Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruise ship docked in Hilo Tuesday

Haven't seen one there since the lava eruptions began. We like to go to Reeds Bay beach. 1.It's beautiful. 2.It's in beautiful Hilo. 3.It's on the big island, and 4. It has sailboats for me to gaze at. Don't know how to sail. Never been on a sailboat. But just looking at them makes me forget my problems.

So, yes, my wife had told me before that she had read the cruise ships were not coming to the big island, Hilo or Kona soon after the breakouts. She just read a few days ago, that one company was going to come back again, and we just saw one of their ships yesterday. I believe the ship was an NCL, Norwegion Cruise Lines ship. That should help the local economy again.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
http://crew-center.com/hilo-hawaii-cruis...edule-2018

It is "The Pride of America". Was generally here every Tuesday, until the last few weeks. The link is to a schedule of cruise ships scheduled for Hilo.
we just saw one of their ships yesterday

Yes, I saw it last night right after sunset, rounding Kaloli Point and headed south. The passengers probably witnessed the lava flow as the sky turned dark, no doubt a spectacular view from the ship with a million stars overhead.

It was much quieter than the helicopters too.

I alternate between thinking of the planet as home — dear and familiar stone hearth and garden — and as a hard land of exile in which we are all sojourners. Today I favor the latter view. The word “sojourner”... invokes a nomadic people’s sense of vagrancy, a praying people’s knowledge of estrangement, a thinking people’s intuition of sharp loss: “For we are strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding.” - Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

http://crew-center.com/hilo-hawaii-cruis...edule-2018

It is "The Pride of America". Was generally here every Tuesday, until the last few weeks. The link is to a schedule of cruise ships scheduled for Hilo.

Thanks for posting that website! I've been trying to find one with that information for a while now with no luck.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP