Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first day
I am nearing the end of the first day of my new life on the BI (I say "my" because my family wont be here for another three weeks). I learned at least one thing today, don't trust Mapquest to get you where you want to go over here. I have had problems with Mapquest directions in the past, but I get the feeling that they really do not have a grasp on Hawaii at all. So I went to Borders and bought "The ready mapbook of east Hawaii", and I was back on track. Anyone planning on either moving here or just visiting should get yourselves one. They have one for west Hawaii as well.
I did alot of driving around in circles today looking for places that weren't there, so I'm gonna get all mapped out tonight, and tomorrow should be a more productive day.
Livin' the dream...
Aloha,
Mark

Mark,
If you are around Pahoa, give me a call at 896-9545 Lee

Will do. Tomorrow I drive to the west side to check out some houses and stop by the union hall over there. So maybe on Thursday. Are you going to Pam's this weekend?
Aloha,
Mark

Well, it looks like the west side is where we will be settling for now. That's where all the work is for me, and I have to go where I know I can get consitant work. I don't like the extra crowds and expense over there, but I think the kids will like the beaches over there. Now I have to start looking for a temp place to stay over there for a couple of weeks while I find a house and start work. So if anyone has any leads on a cheap place to stay on that side, please contact me.
Aloha,
Mark