Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the dozing challenges to reopen 132?
Here's a dozer clearing a lava road back in May for the Chain of Craters-Kalapana Road evacuation route.

https://www.nps.gov/havo/learn/news/2018...croute.htm

"Rough grading and other reconstruction efforts to make the eight-mile length of coastal road passable are expected to take two weeks or less. "

They worked efficiently. There should be only 1 criteria limiting the dozing work on 132: lava is too hot. Historically there is a considerable record of dozers working on various Puna flows that were quite hot.

How much more lava hardening time is needed, exactly?
1 criteria limiting the dozing work on 132: lava is too hot.
How much more lava hardening time is needed, exactly?

When hot spots in the lava won't ignite diesel in the dozer's fuel tank?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
What is your question? As they uncover hot lava it will cool. Its not molten any more. The steel undercarriage should resist the heat. The opperater will have to be careful

Sometimes they use water truck for cooling and dust.

HPP

HPP
Can people that want the roads put in in puna please come to Mrs Eileen Ohara office today in pahoa at the old police station , VERY IMPORTANT, MUST BE DONE TODAY.
Aloha

HPP

HPP
You can submit testimony by email.

If you can't testify in person, please submit written testimony by email no later than end of day Tuesday, Oct. 30th to

counciltestimony@hawaiicounty.gov.

The committee meeting is Thurs. Nov. 1 @1:45pm.
quote:
Originally posted by dan d

VERY IMPORTANT, MUST BE DONE TODAY...Aloha
Dan, can you elaborate? Mahalo
See resolution thread and click on 732,than click on to respond to leave your message.
I can post if u want
Dan

HPP

HPP