Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Hilo Store Bites the Dust
"The old Safeway has been empty for years."

Del's tried to move in there but the mall operators wouldn't give them any concessions on parking spaces. Ironically, one of the reasons Del's wants to move from their existing location is that there are no parking spaces.

So we can quit wondering why brick and mortar stores are dying, because mall owners would rather keep Safeway locked into a lease on empty store space rather than give up a few parking spaces for storing fencing supplies, (and attracting traffic to their other customers), meanwhile, I won't buy a contact lens solution at Safeway's newer location for $18 that cost $8 at either Target or Walmart, so I never go there. Somebody has to pay Safeway's double-rent. It's not going to be me. And meanwhile, I only go to Del's when I absolutely have to because there is nowhere to park my car.

So Amazon it is. Well played brick and mortar operators, well played. </s>

ETA: content organization

Good deal on Craftsman tools? What was once high caliber made in USA tools with warranty. Are now made in China "Crapsman" tools with break as you go no warranty.. My Grandpa is rolling in his grave. Good Ridance Sears