Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sovereignty group storm OHA offices; 2 injured
Rob, I think we can agree that DHHL/OHA is a failure in doing its job for beneficiaries. Your observations during your visits to their offices notwithstanding, those in positions of real power and those out front as spokespersons always seem to be Hawaiians.
Perhaps, But the middle management, the ones who run things, are or were primarily of Japanese heritage. But then again I can't condemn all DHHL of Japanese heritage, some are fine people. I also can't endorse all those of Hawaiian heritage.... some of them are as corrupt as they come.

Either way the average Hawaiian is being taken to the cleaners.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
an inclusive, post-racial, democratically run sovereignty group... ruled from our new capital in Puna...

Excellent idea randomq.

Perhaps it could be called The Kingdom of the Splintered Paddle?
That would honor a significant historical event in Puna, and highlight an important rule of law that protected rights of land and family. Even Kamehameha recognized he wasn't above this principle when it was enacted. An excellent law which should be a part of all governments worthy of respect by it's people.

The rights of citizens protected. No man is above the law. Not even a ruler.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The way I heard it was that Kamehameha invited the chief of Koa'e to a dinner party in Hilo under his protection. Koa'e and a couple of buddies hiked up from Puna and were murdered by Kamehameha at dinner. Guess they should have been carrying a paddle.
The above is no different from what, any of our ancestors did to one another. Feign friendship, invite over then murder for power, money, land or whatever else. The English, the French, the Vikings, the Arabs, the Chinese the Spanish, the Indians the etc. etc. etc. Riddled throughout history.

You might think that we (humans) are past that now and civilized but it still continues on smaller scales.

Why is it so hard for people to learn the golden rule of do unto others as you would have done to yourself?