Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news about Pahoa pool
My wife and I are becoming regulars at the pool. Reading several of these posts reminds me that this site is, to an annoying extent, for whiners.

The pool facility is clean, generally uncrowded and used by a variety of Pahoa folks: kids, handicapped, obese folks walking or gently swimming, a yoga class, and lap swimmers of every type. There's a sign in the rest room stating No Shampooing, presumably a deterrent to homeless folks. 9 to 5 seems to be normal hours for most facilities. I am retired. During my decades of employment I didn't resent anyplace being closed after normal hours. Two local friends who we persuaded to join us, were pleased and surprised. Neither had been there before. They assumed it would be raucous, full of running, shrieking kids. Completely the opposite. Our lifeguards (mahalo to you all), run a tight ship. They're professional, proactive, and friendly.
Or maybe, you whiners should avoid it. Your assumptions are right. Really bad place.
Hmm interesting. I too find this Pahoa pool to be a top notch facility.

However I don't find this site or this thread to be a place for whiners. (Although I realize there will always be whiners) I posted my comment about the times closed for lunch so that others can be informed and not have to wait for the pool to re-open as I had to last Friday.
I was there today and despite the very full parking lot the lap end was almost deserted. Pure heaven. I talked with the head lifeguard and she said that she posts a new voice mail each morning by 8:30 saying when the pool will be closed for lunch that day. Call 965-2700.
Cool
Quit ur damn whining peter
Lol

HPP

HPP
And more good news. The last two times I went there the lap lanes were open for swimming before the swim team arrived. And today when I called to to see when the ever-changing lunch hour would be, the message said the pool was not closing for lunch. Hurray for more lifeguards! Swim on.
Thanks for the 411, I've been going more and more often now. Good to know they won't be closing for lunch anymore.
I'd still advise calling before going. Staff shortage can happen any time.