Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog friendly parks or beaches?
Aloha,

I just posted about moving to HPP on July 1st.. and I will be bringing my dog. I am hoping someone can give me information on any dog friendly parks and/or beaches on the east side of the Big Island?!

We're responsibile pet owners who would never even think about letting our dog run loose. Barking drives us as nuts as the next person, so we have that under control too.

I'd love a place to be able to take her where she can run around and meet other dogs that are well behaved and friendly.

In the least, I'd like a place to be able to take her that isn't our 1 acre... any info would be very helpful, thanks!
~ Rachael
The problem is many of the eaches are county parks and dogs are not allowed. You can give your doggie a good run close to home, near the ocean at the bottom of Makuu in HPP. Hilo bayfront is also ok I think? There's also a good forest trail off Kulani road.

There's an agility club in Hilo, that would be a good way to meet other enthusiastic dog owners.
Aloha Frossie,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! [Smile]

The club sounds wonderful, I'm going to try googling it now...
~ Rachael
Hakalau Bay at around MM 15 on hwy 19 (up Hamakua coast) has a black sand beach, and brackish pond at ocean inlet. It is not county, and is maintained by volunteers-lots of dogs there enjoying the swimming.

Here's to a full belly, a heavy purse....and a light heart.
Awesome news, thanks a bunch! We will definately be checking the spot out [Big Grin]
~ Rachael

I found that agility club, it's:

http://www.pawsuniversity.com/agility.htm