Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta Airlines Starting KOA-LAX service
Delta is starting service between KOA-LAX-SLC on June 5th. It will be 8:50PM departure. Alaska Airlines is supposedly starting service soon too to Kona. But I haven't found evidence of that.

I believe Alaska Airlines is expanding service from Seattle to Maui...not Kona. But then again I could be wrong also.
I'm suspecting that the WHT article on this is inaccurate. Marsha Weinert was quoted differently in Honolulu Advertiser.Either way I'm going to blog about this since I made a photocopy of the WHT article.
Delta has an erratic history flying in and out of Kona, with starts, stops, service reductions, and frequent schedule changes. They may stick with it this time, though, since they are really trying to make nice with everybody to get their merger with Northwest approved. As someone who has flown well over half a million miles on Delta, I can tell you that their customer interface personnel are tops in the industry, but their management has a habit of devaluing the frequent flyer program and breaking promises. (Not that they all don't do that to some extent.)

Cheers,
Jerry