Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mauna Kea Convoy
An anti-TMT protest on wheels kicked off in Hawaii Kai on Sunday morning, as dozens of cars in the so-called “Mauna Convoy” made their way to Maili.

There are approximately 80-90 participants (not counting police) in the photo. HNN couldn’t call that or the lesser number of vehicles involved in the convoy “hundreds,” so “tens of” or “dozens” is probably the closest term with which they could describe the event.

If a majority of Native Hawaiians are against the TMT, the Mauna Convey didn’t provide evidence for that claim.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

An anti-TMT protest on wheels kicked off in Hawaii Kai on Sunday morning, as dozens of cars in the so-called “Mauna Convoy” made their way to Maili.

There are approximately 80-90 participants (not counting police) in the photo. HNN couldn’t call that or the lesser number of vehicles involved in the convoy “hundreds,” so “tens of” or “dozens” is probably the closest term with which they could describe the event.

If a majority of Native Hawaiians are against the TMT, the Mauna Convey didn’t provide evidence for that claim.

soooo...who are we to believe ??? HNN - “tens of” or “dozens” participated or Star advertiser - Hundreds of vehicles began leaving Maunalua Bay in Hawaii Kai at 9 a.m. today,,,and What criteria are you basing your conclusion on?
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/0...-roadways/

It's a really a potato / potatoe situation. Even if there were a thousand cars with an average of 4 passengers, that's only 4000 people or about 0.4% of Oahu's population. Even if there were 10,000 cars that is still only around 4% of the population there.

Regardless of it being dozens or hundreds of cars, it still adds up to very few people from the whole of the island participating.
Speaking of few, I was up Saddle Road yesterday and I was amazed how few people were there.
Of course the 57*, mist, wind and fog may have had something to do with it.
Oh, by the way, that puny light is really hard to see in fog. I had to be almost under it to see what color it was!
Also, lots of cops tagging speeders from the park on past the PTA.

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
What criteria are you basing your conclusion on?

The HNN article stated dozens:
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/09/07...kai-maili/
There’s a crowd photo in the article as well.

In the Star Advertiser story they stated:
hundreds
dozens
seventy
... so hard to tell which number they’re going with.

In any event, it’s not 51% or more of Native Hawaiian people.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
People seem to be referring to this picture:

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/resizer/PD...FO4QHM.jpg

I see perhaps 60-70 people there and maybe a couple of dozen cars. That's all I can tell from that picture.
Frank,

"soooo...who are we to believe ??? HNN - “tens of” or “dozens” participated or Star advertiser - Hundreds of vehicles began leaving Maunalua Bay in Hawaii Kai at 9 a.m. today,,,and What criteria are you basing your conclusion on?"

Have you considered that none of the local media sites know the numbers so instead just make them up?
Another convoy today 11/10 on Oahu. Read the comments before they bump into the paywall good buddy.
Sample:

Yep, and they want to show off their $60,000 trucks with upside down flags to indicate they are oppressed.
I can't afford a lifted 4x4, $60,000 truck. How do I become oppressed?
Give me some of that.

PROTEST? ....... STOP the desecration? IT started with Kamehameha !
Wasn't Kamehameha a Colonists, well, to the other islands, besides Hawaii Island, that is?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/11/0...f05fb58ba2
Just crazy, right after u cross the crosswalk after the lite headed to kona the speed limit sign say 60 mph. Thats an excuse to kill somebody. Whos great idea was that?

HPP

HPP