Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiians free on probation for hate-crime assault
Two men who beat their neighbor finally sentenced:

A hate crime lays bare Hawaii’s complicated race relations

Two Native Hawaiian men have been sentenced to years in prison for a federal hate crime conviction in the brutal beating of a white man who tried to move to a remote, traditional fishing village

https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/a-hate-c...e1ac4.html

Local media are reporting this more as a complicated interaction between people of different races in Hawaii.  Not a simple disagreement between neighbors which ended when one group entered a man's property and beat him with a shovel after he offered them a beer, and to sit down with them with talk over the disagreement.  Perhaps decades of school offficals looking the other way on Kill Haole Day didn't set a good example in conflict resolution for young men growing up in Hawaii?

At least it's finally over, in some way.
Complicated? Not so much. No need to be haole to have an "entitled and disrespectful attitude." It sure helps though.

I'm pleased to see these guys finally face the music.
(01-19-2021, 10:44 PM)dobanion Wrote: Miloli'i is pretty close to a "no haoles" neighborhood. Big kine stink eye.

Nope.  Must have just been you.

I wonder if the Kunzelman home is for sale. I have been known to enjoy stirring up trouble
Been down there many times. Love seeing all the kids out playing on the street. Get out and interact there as a starter folks. Don't jump out, not say hi and alarm your car first thing. Give love, get love kine. All good and these folks are happy and good people + from a simpler time. This ain't HPP.

Those guys triggered for sure and lucky they not shot.
NOT taking sides but definitely more to the story IMO.
definitely more to the story 

I would definitely like to hear the story, real or imagined.  

I'll set the scene:
There are disagreements with the neighbors.
You are on your own property, which you bought.
Some neighbors, 3 or 4 come onto your property and beat you with a shovel.

What is the story that makes this a reasonable and acceptable way to resolve the disagreements?

Followup question. Would we even know about this incident if there was no serious violence involved? If the shovel wielders had not entered the newcomers property?