Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repairman for Microwave
I did a dumb thing the other day...I ran my microwave for about 4 minutes before I realized there was NOTHING inside! Anyway, now it won’t heat. It’s a nice over the stove one that’s a vent for the stove too - still in very nice shape! Anyway, I called the service # in the booklet that came w/the microwave and they said they’d send us a new macroton for free as it’s still under warranty, BUT they said they want an appliance shop to diagnose the problem and put the part in (I guess somewhat dangerous?); Anyway, I can’t find anyone so far that works on microwaves! Any suggestions? Thanks for any help offered!
Sorry but I meant “magnetron”!
Try Hatada's TV Inc, near Ben Franklin downtown. I’m not 100% sure, but I think he fixes small appliances in addition to TVs.
On Kilauea.
Phone: (808) 935-1457
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
You might try Michel's Repair. In HPP. Not sure if he works on these, but does do stoves, washers dryers, disposs, etc.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
magnetron?

Sounds an awful lot like a flux capacitor. Good luck finding anyone on the BI willing to do that in this day and age. Wink

Cheers,
Kirt
I haven’t tried Hatada’s yet ...I’ll give them a call next week - thanks!